Monday, June 24, 2013

March 11, 2013

Subject: Blisters but Bueno
 
Nice alliteration huh?  I'm glad you enjoyed that letter even though it got kind of messed up.  Life at home sounds fun.  It's spring here too!  Only it's been spring for quite a while already.
 
So about the blisters, there's a less-active guy in our ward by the name of Bro. Struckman who likes to have us come over and make us split his wood.  He just got a ton of green wood from somewhere and he had these nice big axes we were using but I had never done it before!  Why didn't you teach me, Father??!  Haha no but it was harder than it looks.  At first I had no idea what I was doing so nothing much was happening when I hit the wood, but after a bit (and after Bro. Struckman started a few for me) I got the hang of it and it's actually pretty fun!  I'm sore now and I've got a few blisters but it's all good.  Hopefully by splitting his wood we can get him to come to church eventually....
 
Last night we had dinner with the Gunns.  They have an 18 yr. old son, a 16 or so yr. old daughter  and two younger sons around 12 and 10.  Dinner started out pretty normal, but as it progressed the kids' stories got crazier and they were doing ridiculous things and all their inside jokes were flying around and they were all just laughing hysterically.  The parents were somewhat mortified but they reminded me so much of our own family and how we ridiculous we can get and it was nice.  We were never that crazy around the missionaries but you know....  It's actually very difficult for me to view myself the same way I viewed other missionaries, even right before I left.
 
So now to the actual important things of thew week: Karin is back on date for baptism!!!  March 30th!  I'm not really sure how it happened, but after coming to church, then having a great lesson with the Pilobellos present, Elder Tandy just asked her and she just said yes.  Woot!  Now the challenge:  Her son Laurence is coming to visit within the next few weeks.    He was opposed to her baptism before and so now we'll have to follow the Spirit in how to deal with this because I've got no ideas.  Best-case scenario: Karin, Laurence, his wife and son all get baptized.  We won't discuss the other cases.  Prayers would be very appreciated.
 
I really wish I had more time to write stuff, but I'm trying to keep up the Journal writing so we'll have a lot to talk about when I get back.  I should go now!
 
Love you!
Elder Georgia

No comments:

Post a Comment