Monday, June 24, 2013

April 1, 2013

Subject: Easter is not for fools.
 
I seriously almost had a heart attack there.  That was not very nice.
 
So is Adri going to Mozambique or not????  My brain doesn't work anymore......
 
But anyways, my Easter was really nice!  Yes I did get my treacherous Mother's package, and I did enjoy it quite mucho.  The MOTAB cd is the bestestest.  Did you get one for yourselves too??  You should, it's super joyful.  I haven't got around to reading the whole article yet.....
 
We had a nice Easter program, and for dinner we had ham and rolls and potatoes and deviled eggs just like we have at home!  Oregon is so so beauteous in the springtime!  The sky has been super blue (which is a nice change), the foliage is the greenest because of all the rain, and now there are flowers everywhere!  They grow in gardens, on trees, even in people's lawns they just pop up all over.
 
Thanks for the FB update!  That sounds much better.  Luke, Benj, and AndyWilliamson'slittlebrother really is kind of funny.  Did they hit it off?
 
Although I almost died when I heard Adri got her mission call, I was also pretty excited.  Adri you should really consider that.  I think you would fit in pretty well in Mozambique. ;)
 
So this week we had had a ton of lessons planned but a lot of them fell through....  Tawnya and Laurie both did.  The biggest disappointment in missionary work is other people having free agency!  Not really, it's just when they make the wrong choices with their agency, but that's kind of the point of it all isn't it?  Karin is actually back on date for April 13th, but transfer calls are this Saturday so we'll see if I'm still here or not.  It doesn't matter to me if I'm there when she's baptized, I just want it to happen eventually.  Oh, and if I am transferred I don't know if I'll be able to e-mail you or not, hold on, yeah I just asked and if not Monday I'll get to e-mail Tuesday regardless.
 
Yesterday we taught this lady named Dorothy who's a very young-looking great grandma, a baptist, a widow, and a firm believer in God and in the power of prayer.  We had talked to her on her doorstep before about the Book of Mormon and yesterday we read and discussed 3 Nephi 11.  Strangely she seems to have automatically accepted the Book of Mormon as being true.
 
Well, I love you lots.  Keep me updated on cool stuff!  Huge and kisses,
Elder Georgia

No comments:

Post a Comment