Sunday, August 3, 2014

July 7, 2014 On A Golden Summertime

Dearly Beloved,

I have a confession to make. It takes a lot out of me to write emails.
Not as much as writing letters, but nevertheless it is still most
exhausting. And this week we woke up at 6, left our apt. at 6:30, and
went and hiked Spencer's Butte with the zone! It was pretty increyable
and gorgioso, so I'll have to send pictures eventually. Near the top
we obeyed the Savior's command to "Go ye into all the world, and
preach the gospel to every creature." (Mark 16:15) by befriending a
squirrel named Gworge. He said it was pronounced George. Seriously
though I'll have to send you the video. He was just this wild squirrel
that would let us come up and tickle his belly. It was so awesome. The
view from the top of the Butte was pretty gorgeous. It was strange to
look down on the great and spacious city of Eugene (by which I mean no
disrespect to The Emerald City) as a little tiny scattering of
neighborhoods.

We then came and cooked and ate the sacrificial waffles and bacon and
had a "share the best thing you learned from your mission so far" and
I told the missionaries that I learned that nothing makes me happy if
I'm not loving and serving other people.

We taught Walt and Cindy on Thursday at the Stake Center. We taught
them what we in our mission call a "font to table" lesson where we
start in front of the baptismal font where we taught them about the
baptismal covenant and the gift of the Holy Ghost then committed her
to be baptized on August 23rd and she accepted!! Then we went to the
chapel and sat in front of the sacrament table and talked about
enduring to the end and remaking our baptismal covenants each week
through the sacrament. It was wondrous. We planned to do the same
thing with Mitch last night but he rescheduled for tonight then he
just a minute ago as I was typing rescheduled for tomorrow. He's a
busy guy.

Mom I know's how to use apostrophe's ok? I love's you'.

You had a fun independent day it appears! For the 4th we helped
someone move for most of the day then we went to a members
neighborhood barbecue then went to our apt. at 7 for weekly planning.
When the members asked if we could do fireworks we just told them that
missionaries are highly flammable.
Love is truly the tradition! Is a quote from our mission theme song which I'll be excited to sing for you if I ever decide to come home. Elder Georgia

No comments:

Post a Comment