Sunday, August 3, 2014

April 28, 2014 Birthdays!

HAPPY BIRHTDAY MOOOOOM!

How was YOUR day? Was it fantasticubulous?

On Saturday I got a lovely large package in the mail that said, "Do
not open until April 29th." Oh man! I thought, that's so far away!
Then Elder Carroll looked over my shoulder and said, "Wait, your
birthday is this week and you didn't even tell me???"

I had completely forgotten about my birthday.

This also reminds me that a few weeks ago I was at the church helping
out with mutual when Sister Foutz came up to me and said, "So if your
birthday was on April 29th what would you want?" I was immediately
overcome with suspicion and bewilderment. How did she find out? Why
did she find out? Was this a setup? While I was frozen, unable to
think of what to say, she said she didn't know what to get for her son
on his mission. My suspicion was turned to shock at the outrageous
coincidence that could let that exact situation come about. When I
explained that, why, my birthday was on April 29th! Sister Foutz and
the other members in the vicinity were likewise surprised and tickled
pink. It was quite goofy.

Oh will someone make sure to say HALLOOOO! To Abby the Nelson? She
Facebook messaged me but I'm not allowed to respond.

Where is Mallory Seely? I thought she was in New York, but all these
emails say she's in Jamaica.....

I'm so excited for Aysha and her papers!

This week we tracked this one street and everyone was these nice old
people who had Mormon friends or family and saw us on our bikes all
the time, but who weren't interested thank you kindly. Yeah we had
pretty much the same conversation with everyone. There were two people
though who told us to come back, one wanted to argue with us more, the
other was Frank. He told us he was an atheist and his wife was an
optimistic agnostic whose great great great something grandma married
Joseph Smith! (supposedly) But we had a cool conversation with him and
he told us we could come back any time. We think he might have some
potential. 

I love you.

Here's the second part of my talk!

II.

"But the path of the just is as the shining light, that shineth more
and more unto the perfect day.

The way of the wicked is as darkness: they know not at what they
stumble." Proverbs 4:18-19

I was born of goodly parents and raised in a sacred home. I was taught
from my youth the plan of happiness. I learned I am a child of God,
and He has sent me here. I learned that Jesus loved me so He died for
me. I learned that I should say His name when I prayed, and not say it
when I didn't mean it.

In Sunday-school I was taught about Christ and the restoration and
organization of His church on earth. In Seminary I learned more about
the scriptures, the deepness of the doctrines of the word of God.  I
read the words of the ancients as if spoken from the dust, they spoke
of Him.  Of power and glory, of meekness and peace.

Although this brief act of life is all I know, all I can remember, I
believe that I am an eternal soul, born from the love of God. I
believe I was present when the foundations of life and the plan were
laid with Father as the architect and Jesus Christ as the builder. I
believe I was with Him in the beginning. I heard His council in the
heavenly realms. I loved Him and wanted to follow His example of
obedience to the Father. I wanted to be like Him.

I watched as He came to earth trailing glory, was born as man, faced
the trials and temptations of mortality and yet, lived a perfect life.
I watched Him be despised and rejected of men, suffer for all our sins
and afflictions, and die.

He died for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment