Sunday, October 12, 2014

Aug. 11, 2014

Dear Family,

On Saturday Sis. Christley was baptized!

She had made it through a lot of trials of faith, and a lot of concerns, but she built her testimony from reading and praying about the Book of Mormon so she was built on a firm foundation. The baptism
was glorious! Sis. Christley had asked a little boy to sing "When I Am Baptized" and two little girls sang "I Am a Child of God." It was so sweet. The talks were great too. Elder Porter was a little nervous
about performing the baptism, but he did great. His technique was perfect after a little coaching haha. After they had dried off and sat down I asked Sis. Christley how she felt. She said it felt like she
had come to the end of a journey, it was very peaceful.

We went over to their home Sunday night for a lesson and you could just tell the Spirit in their home was so much stronger. They're so happy right now. It's been a huge blessing for me and Elder Porter to
be involved in their lives.

We have a lot more work to do, we have a ton of people who I feel have so much potential, but just trying to teach them regularly is the hard part. So we keep trying!

I can't think of anything particularly strange that happened this week. It seems like my emails are usually just strange...

Oh! I got your package! I loooooved the notes from Adr and Lotey and Seth and Melissa and Yasmina and Matthew! I love you all! And I love Mom and Dad! And Lindy and Nick and Ivan(?)! And everybody else too! I couldn't stop anywhere in that list or it would've looked bad. The cookies were definitely... super strange. They looked like alien food. But they were completely delicious! I realized how much I missed orange carrot cookies. You could send those to me every week and I would be forever joyful. But that's what the gospel does.

We went tracting with a priest in the ward and we knocked on about four doors but we spent two and a half hours. How did we accomplish this? Because this elderly Jehovah Witness man talked to us for
basically the whole time! At first he said, I'll stop you there, I'm not interested. But we asked him a few questions and he came outside and just talked and talked and talked and talked and talked and talked
and talked and talked and talked and talked and talked and talked and talked about the Bible which he knows a ton about but of course it was all JW skewed. We got words and phrases in here and there, but he got off topic so easily that it seemed fairly hopeless. However as I listened to his scripture mingled with false doctrine, I came to appreciate how my testimony has grown on my mission and how I am not
"carried about by every wind of doctrine". This church is definitely true, just letting you know. Somehow or other, with companionship unity and the Spirit we gave him a Book of Mormon and he said he would
read it and we could come back in a few weeks. It was pretty great.

I can't tell you how I love you all!

Love,
Elder Georgia

No comments:

Post a Comment