Monday, August 19, 2013

August 19, 2013

So... my new companion is awesome!  His name is Elder Boswell, he's from Provo, Utah, he's 18, and he's a lot less afraid of talking to people than I was.

Paul was baptized by his good friend Dustin Saturday, 17 Aug 2013.  Unfortunately Paul had to be baptized five times, I guess the water level wasn't high enough, and Paul's back isn't very good, so it was a little embarrassing for them, but they handled it well, and the time Paul went under the water, it was like an explosion of the Spirit throughout the room.  I don't know if it felt that way to anyone else, but it did to me.  The talks were super cool too.

Now I'll answer your questions!  I went to Eugene on Tuesday, we had district leader training, trainers training, then we went to bed.  On Wednesday morning we went to the Oregon State football stadium and ran around, then we went to the 18th street church building and did more training, then we practiced singing the efy medley while we waited for President Young to pick up the THIRTY-SEVEN new missionaries (the most we've ever gotten in one transfer), then we sang the song for them, we got talked to, we ate lunch, we trained together with the new missionaries while at the same time President was taking them out one at a time and interviewing them, then he prayed for inspiration as to who should be who's companion, then we all came together and President announced that it was time to announce companionships.  Of course, I was the first one called up.  Then President Young called the name of my new comp.  Yes!!!  Then we got driven back to our area and started talking to people.  The past few days we've just been trying to meet everyone, and it's been very interesting getting to train Elder Boswell.  It really makes one realize how much one has learned when one has to turn around and teach it all to someone else.  Pray for me in this!  It's super important that I do a good job.

Fiona has not been heard from in a while.  She was always bad at answering her phone,  and she warned us that she would be super busy this past week.  So who knows if she'll be baptized before she leaves for France?  But I'm okay with that.  I just hope she continues to read from the Book of Mormon and doesn't get lost in the world.  She could still be baptized though!

In a way, I'm super jealous of you guys all hanging out there in Idaho, but then again I'm really not.  There's time for that later and I'm just super happy to be doing what I'm doing.  I love you all sooo much.

No comments:

Post a Comment