Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Dec. 2, 2013 "Thanks!"

So on Thanksgiving I played the violin a lot, we went to the beach and had dinner and hung out with ward members and a few investigators.  It was so much fun!

The Rushtons are awesome!  It was really weird to find out that they have the same first names as my parents....

I love Coconut lime bars!!!  I was just talking about how much I love them... and Christmas isn't Christmas without thumbprint cookies!

Hi to Mallory!  I would love to have her address!

Did you know we have a mission blog? It's oregoneugenemission.blogspot.com

We were on exchanges with the district leader, but since we're so far away from Coquille--their area--they both came down and we all worked in our area.  Afterwards we decided to eat lunch on the beach--because Coquille's beach isn't as cool I guess--when we ran into a family from our ward known as the Scofield's.  They took a picture of the four of us and we chatted for a bit then left.  Then on Sunday after church, Brother Scofield asked me, "You're from Virginia right?  Did you go to LDSHE?  Did you know Kate Wilson(I can't remember exactly what her name was but I think that's right, I remember her being on the youth conference board of executive youth or whatever)?"  And I was like uh... yeah?  She was on the beach with all their kids, but since I hadn't met the Scofield family as a whole yet, I didn't notice her.  But I definitely do know her.  Crazy!  I guess she's related to them and was visiting for Thanksgiving.  Brother Scofield said she was like, "I think I know him!" When she read my name tag, but she was too embarrassed to say anything.  Haha.

Also on Thanksgiving I found we have a line on Familysearch that goes all the way back to Adam and Eve! :D  We're related to them!

I'm really thankful for the gospel, for Jesus Christ who suffered all things so He could be a god of justice and mercy.  I'm grateful for prophets who teach us the way.  I'm grateful for my family, for Mom and Dad and Lindy and Nick and Adri and Luke and Seth (and Baby) and all my wonderful cousins and aunts and uncles and grandparents.  You're all amazing, loving, awesome people!  I'm not thankful enough, but I am so thankful.  I'm thankful to be here in Oregon, and in Brookings.  I'm grateful for the experiences I've had so far and the people I've met.  I'm grateful for President and Sister Young, they are so good to us.  I thank my Heavenly Father for this life on earth and the opportunities we have to learn and grow, and to have the Holy Spirit so strongly in our lives because of the fulness of the gospel that we have.

Love you!

Thannk

No comments:

Post a Comment