Tuesday, July 9, 2013

July 8, 2013

So Corvallis is probably the most gorgeous place on earth, just sayin’.  The first few days I was here I spent in a transport of delight and stupefaction.  All the colors here are brighter than they are everywhere else!  The sky is pretty much always the deepest blue, there's every kind of tree of every shade of green, and all the businesses and houses are put to shame if they don't have a representative flower for every color in the rainbow out front.  Yeah, it's definitely a hippy town hahaha.
Being a district leader is new and exciting.  I've already interviewed two(2) people for baptism.  One of them was Chinese and had to use his iPad to look up words, and the other one was Mexican and had a few similar language troubles.  But they're both super awesome and they both got baptized on Saturday!  It was so awesome to see how they had come to know, through the power of the Holy Spirit that this church is true.
I also got to go on my first exchange!  I went to the Spanish missionaries area with Elder Hassell who I knew from Salem.  It was fun, even though I didn't understand anything that was being said the whole time.....
Hey, you don't know how happy the picture of the trumpet vine made me. :D  Seeing that it has finally started to flower has begun to heal the wound in my soul from when my wisteria was brutally murdered.... ;)
So yeah, stuff is awesome here!  It's good to hear that everything's good there too.  Keep up the good fun-having!
Loves,
Elder Georgia
And here's the crazy surprise of the week!  We went to a barbecue at our Elder's Quorum Presidents house, and we were just walking around talking to people when I heard, "Quinn!?!"  That kind of made me jump out of my skin.  I looked towards the sound thereof and behold, I beheld Hattie!  She was in my ward at BYU!  And she lives in Corvallis 1st ward!

No comments:

Post a Comment